Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Baggies Undone As Kolo Commits

There will have been worse days for Arsene Wenger during his tenure of the Arsenal hot-seat. This evening, the latest of his young Carling Cup creations cruised all too easily to a victory at the Hawthorns. It must be disheartening for so many that Arsenal's second string can so comfortably brush aside a team that just in May lost its Premiership status.

Star of the show in the midlands was Jeremie Aliadiere, who struck from the penalty spot after he was brought down in the 33rd minute, and then cleverly converted a Walcott cross four minutes into the second-half. The 2-0 victory avenged a league defeat at West Brom last season.

Monsieur Wenger may have been happier still with the news that Kolo Toure has extended his stay with the Gunners for a further four years.

“I can see myself staying here for the rest of my career,” said Toure. “Why would I want to leave. I love my football here, my family is settled here and the club is ambitious. It is fantastic...We have great players here capable of achieving much success with one of the best managers in the world."

Yes, all in all, a very good day indeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home