Friday, October 06, 2006

Macedonian for Arsenal?

A topical story hits the press this morning. Surprise, surprise, one of the Macedonia players is talking up a potential move to the Grove. Lazio striker Goran Pandev says he has hopes of moving to Arsenal in the near future. The story says the Macedonia striker was linked to us during the summer, but talks over his proposed move failed to reach a positive conclusion.

“I want to leave Lazio and I hope I can move to England soon,” Pandev allegedly told the Daily Star newspaper.

"I know there were negotiations over the summer with Arsenal – who are one of the world's best clubs.

“If I continue to play well and receive some good offers in the future then I will go,” continued the forward.

The 23-year-old was signed by Inter as a youngster and made such an impression he was then loaned him to Spezia and Ancona! Lazio picked him up in 2004 and his strike rate in 65 Serie A matches, fourteen goals, makes this a non-story for me.

It's a tad tiresome when little more than average players, or their agents, use Arsenal as a vehicle to let other clubs know they are available. I would be very surprised if there were any more to this 'scoop' than that. I'm not expecting to eat my hat after tomorrow's game. It matters not if England play 3-5-2 or 4-4-2, because in all honesty Macedonia should not prevent a comfortable defeat of the visitors. Mister Pandev should not get the opportunity to impress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home