Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year Everybody

Well the new day has not improved my view of yesterdays events, but I am once again glad to be a Gooner. Compared to most we suffer relatively few of these bad days, and if we didn't have them we would not appreciate the golden days as much as we do. That's the beauty of football isn't it? The full gamut of emotion is experienced from complete euphoria to utter dejection.

The world will seem a better place in the later hours this evening. The ale, wine and spirits are in place as we get ready to welcome 2007. Mrs Goonerholic will wrestle with her hopes and fears for the family in the coming months. I'll be nodding sagely, and wondering if Arsene really has no plans to buy in the January window, or will we have a few new faces to freshen things up by the time the month has drawn to a close!

That's the point really. No matter how bad yesterday was tomorrow can be much, much better. Let's ignore the fact that the reverse could also apply. This is a day to dream. So I wish you all a very happy, and healthy 2007. I hope your desires and ambitions start to fall into place in the coming twelve months. I pray Arsenal will continue to give us more to be proud of than the other side of the coin.

And finally I would quite like it if the bloody gale and torrential rain stops before I have to leg it home in the early hours of the morning with half of the Liffy swirling about inside me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home