Saturday, February 24, 2007

I'm Losing My Train Of Thought

Just time for a very view brief rambled thoughts as I begin to worry more about our travel arrangements for Cardiff. I am starting to visualise a mad scramble for cars if First Great Western fail to honour the tickets they have sold us for tomorrow. We'll worry about that in the morning!

The news is dominated this afternoon by John Terry's miraculous recovery. I'm not unduly concerned by that, although it will unquestionably strengthen Chelsea's back four. It will release Essien for midfield selection and that could well make Chelsea a little narrow in that key area.

The other big story for us this morning is William Gallas apparently pleading for a starting berth although he has not featured in the competition thus far. If Hoyte and Clichy fail fitness tests I rather expect he will be in the squad. Arsene Wenger has always maintained he would bring players in if injuries dictated.

Mrs Holic will hope to take my mind off the big day by booking us up for a dinner out tonight. She is fighting a losing battle. I need to be at Cardiff for lunchtime as I have been fortunate enough to get an invite to a hospitality bash, and I will be on edge now until I am on the train.

We appear to have gone full circle. If you are going tomorrow make sure you give those kids terrific backing, win or lose. Whatever happens tomorrow they have given everything to get to this stage. I have a sneaky feeling they could just finish the job against all the odds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home