Sunday, March 25, 2007

Mixed Blessings

Sorry I have not been around for a couple of days. That's not strictly true of course, I have been 'around' and working on the next move for Goonerholic. More of that over the coming days.

Just time for a quick update this morning. Congratulations to the Irish teams and Scotland, although the report card for England and Wales will read 'must try harder'. I watched the Ireland victory over Wales. I have to confess to having a soft spot for them since the O'Leary, Brady, and Stapleton days.

It's harder cheering them on now seeing that irksome so-and-so Robbie Keane doing the full range of his impassioned pleas for free-kicks, for better service, and for goodness knows what else. In whatever shirt he plays he seems to spend most of his time with his arms outstretched imploring somebody to do something for him. Maybe one day someone will put him out of his misery.

England were an absolute waste of space in Israel, but we knew that beforehand anyway, didn't we? Doubtless it will all be Arsene's fault again in the coming days. I really don't know why we don't have more home-grown talent!

With that thought in mind I want you to consider how likely it is that 'Le Boss' is about to splash over fourteen million quid on Andy Johnson. That report is in the Sunday Mirror, and has the look of a classic agent's plant. We could have signed him for little more than half that sum less than a year ago.

Enjoy your Sunday. I'm off to try and learn a little bit more about how this world wide web thingy works. Now where did I put my reading glasses?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home