Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Unexplained On Halloween

I'm undecided whether its down to Halloween, but some very strange things have been happening tonight.

I've followed the debate elsewhere about the alleged booing of our Lord Henry on Saturday. I have to say from Block 26 there was not the slightest indication of such treason. According to sites far better populated than this the ghostly jeering also could not be heard from the South Upper, the East Upper, the North Lower, well, just about everywhere really except the press box. Methinks Thierry forgot to give the hacks a sweet or two when they came knocking on his door.

I've had great fun trying to follow the events in the Camp Nou on ITV this evening. A combination of Spanish television direction and the worst in commercial commentating left me completely confused by the circumstances surrounding our Ash, bless him! Confusion aside I guess we have to confess the contest was riveting. There was an intensity that I have previously experienced only in our clashes with Manchester United and the giants of the Uefa Cup from the other end of Seven Sisters Road.

So to our own clash with CSKA Moscow in a little under twenty-four hours. Already their travelling support has disrupted a British Airways flight into Heathrow last night. I'm given to understand they were unhappy that the caviar tasted like fish droppings. Or was that the Vladivar? Anyway, the Goonerholic wager was in the balance after Saturdays performance, but I have a feeling the boys will be out to put on a show to make up for that. Add the fact that Thierry is still raging about the non-existant handball in the away game, and I have decided to put a small sum on a 3-1 win. Here's hoping that any non-existant jeering doesn't spoil the evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home