Monday, March 26, 2007

Ade To-Go?

I’ve just got time for another ‘quickie’ this morning, the reasons for which will shortly become apparent. There’s just one significant Arsenal story emerging from the weekend.

Emmanuel Adebayor has been axed from from the Togolese national team following a report that he was considering his international future after he received a death threat prior to his team's match with Sierra Leone.

“Before the match, I received threats to my life warning me to play the match or else.” Said Ade. “Thank God I scored two goals in this qualifying match against Sierra Leone. I do not know what would have happened to me if I had not scored those goals.”

His two goal haul failed to mask a further dispute about bonus payments and Ade, along with two others, was dropped for “remarks made by the players before and after the match.”

Well Togo’s loss could be our gain. I’m sure most Gooners would be delighted if Ade retired from the international game to concentrate on scoring goals for Arsenal. There is some history though, and it is likely he will be back in the Togo fold before too long.

Other than that I’ve just one other thought on the furore surrounding England’s qualification difficulties in the European Championship. Do people really want to see Steve McClaren sacked? Do you really want to see him in charge of another Premiership club? I don’t think I could take watching another team coached by him infecting the top flight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home